Full time – Remote anywhere in the US or the option for hybrid work if local to Durham, NC
The Clinical Programmer II is an inquisitive and self-motivated individual. They have an investigative nature, hence love problem solving. They will never cut corners as they have a passion for producing high quality work and find it a privilege to provide EDC programming activities for clinical trials. They are a strong collaborator across departments with their Sponsors. The Clinical Programmer II will also possess strong experience in Custom Function development within Medidata Rave.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will have the opportunity to lead and manage all necessary EDC programming activities from implementation though ongoing maintenance (including database migrations, and eventually study closure
- Let your leadership skills shine by providing coaching and mentoring to other programming staff
- Apply your expert knowledge to contribute to process improvement
- You will be relied upon to identify and escalate issue or inconsistencies
- Create and manage departmental study documentation
- You will also have the opportunity to provide programming support for non-EDC tasks to data management staff or other Aperio staff e.g., custom reports, and Excel macro development
- What drives you, where else can your contributions make an impact?
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Strong working history programming in Medidata Rave in the clinical trials industry
- Experience in C# programming, specifically custom function programming in Medidata Rave
- Proficiency in related clinical trial technology integrations
- Good critical thinking, creativity, and problem-solving skills
- Strong productivity, prioritization, and planning skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written), with the ability to establish rapport and build relationships
- Strong time-management, flexibility, and multitasking ability
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and risk assessment ability
- Good understanding of study budgets
- Ability to travel occasionally
Aperio Clinical Outcomes provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.