Full time – Remote anywhere in the US or hybrid if local to Durham, NC
The Data Scientist is innately curious and loves to explore data but has the ability to interpret data for others. The Data Scientist thrives in an environment where they can harness technology to translate a need into a solution, a true problem solver! This person is also a confident extrovert who loves building relationships and is a natural teacher.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders on the design and successful implementation of a customized data reporting tool for multiple clinical trials.
- Apply your curiosity and knowledge to utilize the data reporting tool and identify signals and trends of assigned data analytics projects; support study teams with actionable follow ups to mitigate issues.
- Participate in specification, testing, and enhancements of the data reporting tool to support the study specific needs our clients.
- You will have the opportunity and responsibility of preparing training materials and implementing customized workshops to support data tool users.
- Maintain relationships with users and provide high quality, consultative support throughout the study.
- Contribute your knowledge and expertise to participate in various business development demonstrations, marketing case studies highlighting client success and industry focused presentations.
- Collaborate with team members on the development and implementation of operational documents and procedures.
- Performs other duties – where can your talents shine?
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in health sciences, analytics, or related area
- 5 years of clinical research experiences (some clin ops preferred)
- Strong knowledge of data management and EDC programming
- Strong proficiency with understanding clinical data structures and relational databases
- Strong knowledge of relational databases and unique data collection
- Strong knowledge on data integration, analysis of data, and presentation of results
- Strong critical thinking, creativity, and problem-solving skills
- Strong time management, flexibility, and multi-tasking skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and risk assessment skills
- Strong technical writing skills
- Strong ability to provide constructive feedback and deliver difficult conversations, with intent to obtain positive results
- Strong productivity, prioritization, and planning skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written), with the ability to establish rapport and
- Strong collaboration skills with cross-functional teams
- Excellent knowledge of FDA regulations, ICH guidelines, and GCPs – and their application to clinical trials
- Ability to travel occasionally
Aperio Clinical Outcomes provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.